Re: cvs commits and java.util.regex

From: Wes Biggs
Subject: Re: cvs commits and java.util.regex
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:15:42 -0800

John Leuner wrote:
they didn't appear in Classpath, and gave me a clean compile even though
I was expecting failure (because I referenced java.util.regex, which is
not yet in Classpath).

How should we build Classpath without regex?

I think the short answer right now is that Classpath doesn't support regex, so those classes would have to come from rt.jar.

However, I am working on getting java.util.regex code into Classpath -- per the discussion last week I would like to check in the java.util.regex classes and update the build to use the gnu.regexp JAR to compile against.

Email me if you want code right away.

Wes