Re: Please keep Classpath in a working state (Was: cvs commits andjava.

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Please keep Classpath in a working state (Was: cvs commits andjava.util.regex)
Date: 08 Mar 2002 23:04:12 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 21:36, Eric Blake wrote:

> But I am not planning on committing anything which will break
> the build.

It came in with this commit although the changelog entry does
not mention it, so you probably comitted from the wrong working
directory:

        2002-03-07  Eric Blake  <address@hidden>

        * java/lang/String.java: Improve Javadoc and formatting.
        * java/lang/StringBuffer.java: Ditto.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpath/classpath/java/lang/String.java.diff?tr1=1.37&tr2=1.38&r1=text&r2=text

> now that I think about it, putting the error in a stub class is better,
> because then we won't have to go back and change String.
This is exactly which John just checked in. Everything compiles again.
Thanks John.

> > and orp (1.0.9+) as the
> > minimum setup that always needs to work for compiling/running Hello
> > World with Classpath. That way someone can always fall back to
> > Is Classpath/Jikes/Orp available on all platforms that the Classpath
> > hackers currently use?
>
> No, I'm on Cygwin, and have yet to compile a successful free VM (or for
> that matter gcj).  However, I haven't really sat down and tried tweaking
> ORP, yet, so maybe I can get it to work if I put some effort into it.

Would it help if we got you off this non-free proprietary platform?
I could sent you a copy of my Debian CDs :)