Re: Adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands

From: Lokesh Walase
Subject: Re: Adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:00:14 +0530

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Henrik Juul Pedersen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Lokesh,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Lokesh Walase <address@hidden> wrote:

I am interested in adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands.
For this I downloaded the latest source code GNU-coreutils-8.21.

A progress bar is somewhat intrusive to the copy command, but patches and tools exist already. I've created a patch for cp together with a friend, which is maintained at:

Also, we got our inspiration from a patch which was not maintained at the time of our patch, it has, however, now reappeared for coreutils 8.21:

Thanks a lot Henrik for the links, I tried the 2nd link ( because it had "pre-compiled binaries" ) and its working a treat !!
Really wondering why is this not pushed in the coreutils by the maintainers.

Best regards,
Henrik Juul Pedersen

--
Lokesh Walase