ddd

DDD-3.3 and vxWorks

From: Shash Chatterjee
Subject: DDD-3.3 and vxWorks
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:42:45 -0500

Hi!

I am trying to use DDD with Tornado/vxWorks. So far I have been able to integrate it into the launcher using the supplied instructions and am able to connect to the target, load a file/function, set a breakpoint and run it. The main_vxworks function was not automatically detected. However, i could do a "file main_vxworks", set a breakpoint in the UI and then a "run main_vxworks".

The manual says only vxworks PowerPC is supported, I am using vxWorks/ARM. I started ddd as:
/projERL/bin/ddd --debugger gdbarm
Is there something I need to do besides this to "inform" ddd to make it vxworks aware?
I built ddd with simply "./configure --prefix=/proj/ERL && make install".

I am looking for some help on a little better integration with vxWorks. For instance, right now "File->Attach" will return a list of Unix porcesses, needs to return a list of vxWorks tasks (the equivalent of the windShell "i" command) and when clicked on a task, to attach to it.

How do I debug a running task/system? Do I put a breakpoint in a function using windShell and when the task breaks come back to DDD and attach to the stopped task? How?

Thanks,
Shash