Re: [Denemo-devel] A question of hairpins....

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A question of hairpins....
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:04:13 +0000

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 18:27 +0000, alex stone wrote:
> Print effect.

Two things occur to me:
      * if you create an extra voice (in the staff that needs the
        hairpins starting in the middle of the notes) and then put
        non-printing rests, you could place the dynamics on the rests. I
        am talking here of scripted dynamics not the old built-in ones.
      * If you are looking to a score with MIDI effects correlated with
        print effects as the final target, then you would need to attach
        the dynamic controls to the actual notes; some LilyPond research
        would be needed as to how to place the hairpins.

I don't have any experience of this stuff, unfortunately, in particular,
is there any hairpin stuff in the scripted dynamics at all yet? I don't
recall doing anything along these lines.

Richard