Re: [Denemo-devel] new paste

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] new paste
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:45:10 +0000

Inside Denemo a selection is represented by six numbers:

first staff marked
last staff marked
first measure marked
last measure marked
first object marked
last object marked

the barlines you refer to are not denemo objects, they are display
artifacts created by the display routines at the end of measures.

These numbers start at 1, except if there is no object in a measure when
the object is numbered as 0, otherwise the object numbers are the number
of the object counting from the start of the measure.

If you can adopt this model of the representation of selection then we
might be able to make progress on these issues.

Given any collection of these numbers, what would you wish the display
to look like?

Richard