[Denemo-devel] how to use superscripts in textual annotation directive?

From: Lets Eat Hay
Subject: [Denemo-devel] how to use superscripts in textual annotation directive?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 22:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I want to add roman numeral analysis symbols to my score, and I'm trying to use Directives > Markings > Textual Annotation to do it. But I can't figure out an easy way to format superscripts, such as to denote chord inversions.

For example, I want a roman numeral "I" with a superscript "6" (to represent the first inversion of the tonic chord). I've tried setting the annotation text to "I \super 6" and "I^6", but the text I enter just gets used literally.

Or is there a better way to do this than using textual annotation directives?

Thanks!

P.S. I've been using Denemo for just a short time, and it's extremely impressive so far!