denemo-user

Re: [Denemo-user] Denemo with Timidity (configuration)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-user] Denemo with Timidity (configuration)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:36:18 +0100

> everything you've suggested works.  I grabbed the newest .0.7.9Win beta from
> the web, and the program & channel overrides are great.
>
> Setting the midi instrument to 'drums' also works, but its a devil of a time
> figuring out which drum corresponds to a given note on the scale.
When you have figured one out, create a template file named after the
drum, containing a staff with a quarter note of that pitch (and staff
name named after the drum). Save these templates under the names of the
drums. Then, whenever you need a particular drum you can do "File->Add
Staffs" and pick the drum name to get the drum you want added to the
score.
Putting in the single quarter note is just to remind you which one to
use; it would be nice to be able to "lock" a staff to a fixed note for
this purpose...
If you do sort all these out, please send the templates for inclusion in
the distribution.

Richard Shann