dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] server configuration

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] server configuration
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:01:58 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Serveez'ers,

I would like to introduce the following changes to the current Serveez:

 * the REGISTER_* macros shall register the following items:
   - int: a normal integer {int i;}
   - bool: a normal integer {int b;} (a boolean/int on guile side)
   - intarray: array of integers {svz_array_t *a;} / list of numbers in
               guile
   - string: normal character string {char *str;} / symbol or string in
             guile
   - strarray: array of strings {svz_array_t *stra;}
   - hash: hash associating strings with strings only! {svz_hash_t *h;}

     NOTE!!!: This was previously {svz_hash_t **h;}. We made it this way
              in order to put a constant expression into the default
              configuration.
              I would like to drop this! We should create default values
              for servers in the global initializer only and keep the
              usage of arrays and hashes clean (No more dereferencing the
              hash).
              What are your arguments against ?

As far as I know we can register C variables into Guile, but can we also
read modified values after evaluation of the file ? Can anyone tell how we
should handle this (cfgfile.c is almost empty now :-|) ?

The port configuration concept needs some modifications: Not a single
server knows about its bindings now... this is bad if it needs to know
about the tcp port. Moreover servers need the possibility to create
port configurations and bind themselves to some port configuration. Any
proposals ?

Cheers,
        address@hidden