Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:02:04 -0700

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 06:41:04PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> Ok, it's working again. I had to rebuild libusb after a kernel upgrade. The
> usrp example script files run fine now. It seems to perform better than
> previously. This prompted me to run the benchmark_usb.py script, which
> unfortunately fails with the following message:

OK.

It's failing to open the control end point and can't load it's firmware.

Perhaps it's some kind of file permission problem.

A quick look at the bsd.c file from libusb-0.1.10a reveals that it
tries to open files with names like these:

      /dev/usb*
      /dev/ugen*

If this semi-informed guess doesn't work go to "Plan B".

Plan B: run gdb on "usrper load_standard_bits" and step into the
libusb code to figure out where it's really failing to open the cmd
interface.  [The libusb interface doesn't propagate much useful info
up to the app when it can't open a device/endpoint.]

Eric