Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio-oss segfaults

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio-oss segfaults
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:32:37 -0700

Hi Berndt,

I've spent some more time looking at this problem.
I think I know how to fix it "right", but it's going to take a while.
Just removing the output of swig causes a failure in the VPATH build
that takes place during "make distcheck".  I know how to fix it, but I
don't have time right now.   All the modules need the fix.

This Makefile.am pattern will remove the output of swig:

audio_oss.cc audio_oss.py: audio_oss.i $(NON_LOCAL_IFILES)
        $(SWIG) $(SWIGCPPPYTHONARGS) -module audio_oss -o audio_oss.cc $<

# Don't distribute output of swig
dist-hook:
        @for file in $(BUILT_SOURCES); do echo $(RM) $(distdir)/$$file; done
        @for file in $(BUILT_SOURCES); do $(RM) $(distdir)/$$file; done

The general idea is to ensure that the output of swig is not included
in any of the tarballs, thus causing swig to run where ever the
tarballs are built.  I think this will be a more robust fix than
trying to ensure that the output of swig *is* included in the
tarballs, because that will lead to potential failures on systems that
have a mix of tarball and CVS built modules.  That's not recommended,
but we shouldn't aggravate the problem.

I will fix this problem (unless somebody beats me to it), but due to
other commitments, it'll probably be the week of the 17th before I've
got time to work on it.

In the meantime, if you've got a local fix for the NetBSD package,
please implement it.

Eric