Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem

From: Jason
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:10:49 -0400

irene159 wrote:
Don Ward wrote:
Try "./configure --help" (in your mysql directory) and see if you have options like --enable-static, --enable-shared, --disable-static, and/or --disable-shared. Depending on the defaults, to build a shared library (a *.dll file on Windows---what you need) you may need to specify "--enable-shared --disable-static" on your ./configure. Look carefully in the output of ./configure and you should be able to find where it says if it is building shared or static libraries.
I do have the “--enable-share” compiling option:

$ ./configure --help
Usage: configure [options] [host]
…
Features and packages:
  --enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]

Even though the default is “yes” when running ./configure
$ ./configure
…
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
checking if package supports dlls... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool

In the output of './configure --help' are there any options regarding dll's? I think this line is what is fouling you up:

> checking if package supports dlls... no

hth,

Jason.