Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:03:47 +0400

Hi,
        After doing a little digging around in the gnuradio configured files, I see references to Carbon in

config.status

S["QT_LIBS"]="  -F/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework QtOpenGL -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework AppKit -framework Carbon -framework OpenGL "\
"-framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -lz -lm  "

etc for S["QTOPENGL_LIBS"] and S["QTGUI_LIBS"].

This finds itself eventually in the gr-qtgui makefiles, which is incorrect behaviour. Is because of QwtPlot3d using legacy Qt3Support, and somehow the Carbon support is getting pulled in?

QTGUI_LIBS = -F/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework Carbon -framework AppKit -framework ApplicationServices -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -lz -lm

QTOPENGL_LIBS = -F/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework QtOpenGL -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework AppKit -framework Carbon -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -lz -lm

QT_LIBS =   -F/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework QtOpenGL -framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework AppKit -framework Carbon -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -lz -lm

Even though I built Qt for cocoa 32-bit, all of the QtGui.pc, Qt3Support.pc, QtWebKit.pc and QtOpenGL.pc files have the -framework Cocoa option

Libs.private: -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -F/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework QtCore -L/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.7/lib -framework Cocoa -lz -framework AppKit -lz -lz

The net result is I have qt-4.7 built with Cocoa 32-bit only, but it doesn't proceed further because of the fact that in the Makefiles, there is a reference to -framework Cocoa (?)

Also, if I build Carbon 32-bit only, and try to configure gnuradio, it doesnt detect the qwt headers for some reason. This is happening on the gnuradio next branch. Perhaps the gr-qtgui configs have been updated in the master branch and not on the next branch? I was trying to get this done on the next branch, since only that branch has support for UHD, and if I want to use my USRP2 with Mac OS X, I need to use UHD, and try to play around with gr-qtgui.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson