Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot ping my USRP2

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot ping my USRP2
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:54:06 -0800

On 12/14/2010 09:39 AM, Tobias Schmid wrote:
> Hello,
>
> our institute owns 4 USRP2. Three of them can be pinged.
> The 4th one cannot.
> It's neither possible to use it with UHD firmware and FPGA image.
> If I try uhd_find_device no device is found.
> The firmware and the FPGA image on the SD card is working fine.
> I checked this using one of my other devices.
>
> Can someone tell me, what the problem might be?
> Is it demaged? Is the eeprom demaged?
> Or can I solve this problem on my own?

What LEDs light up upon power on? D and F?

Can you attach a serial terminal to the rear and tell me what the USRP2
prints to the terminal at power up?
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#debugging-networking-problems

Can you try an older image set and tell me if the behavior is the same?
http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_images/UHD-images-0000.20100901003255.b5461fc/

Thanks,
-Josh