Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:36:07 -0500

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM, I3VFJ <address@hidden> wrote:

When launching gr_filter_design.py I receive this msg:

Please install PyQwt5 to run this script (http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/).

Note that I've made ALL the step to build pyqwt, (5.2.1) successfull.

I tried to rebuild Gnuradio 3.3.0, successfull, after PyQwt build, but with
no result and the same frustrating msg....

Any suggestion ???

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Are you sure it is installed? And where is it installed into? If it's in a standard location where Python can find it, there should be no trouble. I'm guessing you have installed it into another location. Find out where, and then add that to your PYTHONPATH.

Also, the gr_filter_design.py should come with a word of caution in that it might be a bit unstable. It has worked for all of the cases I have thrown at it so far, but to be fair, that's not a huge amount and have all been relatively simple filters. If you find a bug, please report it so I can improve the code.

Thanks,
Tom