Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build gnuradio without volk module

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build gnuradio without volk module
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 01:28:30 +0100

Nella citazione in data Thu Mar 15 01:23:09 2012, Ben Hilburn ha scritto:
Arturo -

Is there a reason you cannot use CMake?

Cheers,
Ben

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Arturo Rinaldi <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Nella citazione in data Thu Mar 15 01:00:58 2012, Josh Blum ha
    scritto:

        On 03/14/2012 04:39 PM, Arturo Rinaldi wrote:

            Nella citazione in data Thu Mar 15 00:32:47 2012, Josh
            Blum ha scritto:

                    i want to build a stable tarball...not a git
                    version. any chances to do
                    it ?

                Here you go:

https://github.com/trondeau/__gnuradio/tarball/__57ad294b333d185cfd6952f01ea03f__88370d2b8d

<https://github.com/trondeau/gnuradio/tarball/57ad294b333d185cfd6952f01ea03f88370d2b8d>

                If the tags were pushed, i would give you a link to
                the tag and not the
                commit id.

                -josh

            ok thank you very much Josh....any chance to build the
            3.5.2 tarball
            without volk ? i need it for my work ;)

            Regards

        Sorry, I should clarify.

        1) You should build volk; it will become a serious gnuradio
        requirement.
        Now, there is a autotools + multilib volk build bug. The
        solution is to
        build gnuradio with cmake.

        1.1) Perhaps you can pass --disable-volk to configure (when
        building
        with autotools)

        2) Building with cmake is supported in the latest releases.

        3) There are *no* source tarballs uploaded for releases. The
        available
        tarballs are generated by autotools and are missing files in
        the source
        tree (like the CMakeLists.txt).

        4) But, you can get a source tarball from github like so:
        https://github.com/trondeau/__gnuradio/tarball/
        <https://github.com/trondeau/gnuradio/tarball/><commit identifier>

        Where<commit identifier>  is the hash of a commit, branch
        name, or tag
        name. Unfortunately, I dont know of a github with the tags
        pushed, but
        you can use the git hash of the 3.5.2 tag.

        -Josh

    i didn't explain myself very well...i'm very sorry about that.

    in the configure step i did

    ./configure --disable volk

    then i tried to build but i got that error. i need to verify if
    the volk module is responsible for the crash of one part of my
    project. Sorry to bother you again....thx very much again