[Discuss-gnuradio] Qt app with GNURadio

From: Pol Henarejos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Qt app with GNURadio
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 13:45:33 +0200

Dear list,

First of all, thank you for your effort on resolving issues. It is really appreciated.

I am trying to run an own Qt application with gnuradio embedded but I
can't. The code I am trying to run is

#include <QtGui>
#include <gr_top_block.h>
#include <gr_null_sink.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
   QApplication app(argc, argv);
   QMainWindow mainWindow;
   mainWindow.setWindowTitle("Hello World!");
   mainWindow.show();
   gr_top_block_sptr top = gr_make_top_block("Top");
   gr_null_sink_sptr sink = gr_make_null_sink(sizeof(gr_complex));
   return app.exec();
}

As you can see it is just an academical example. There is no connections
or any additional staff. But when the program starts there is a crash in
the construction of top block. Concretely, after the debug, it fails at
the constructor of basic block (inherited by top block), in the line 49.
When it does d_name(name) it crashes.

Could you provide me some hint? I am using the latest git version of
gnuradio compiled with Boost 1.44 and MSVC10 using CMake 2.8.5. The Qt
version is 4.8.1. All libraries are compiled with MSVC10 and x64 on
Windows 7 x64.

Thank you so much.

--

Pol Henarejos
Research Engineer, MSc

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Engineering Unit
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)