Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Calculating the amplitude of a signal source ]

From: Ashish Raste
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Calculating the amplitude of a signal source ]
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:43:51 +0800

Hi Nazmul,

I have always found it difficult to measure the amplitude of each sample using the floating point strengths. Things like frequency offset will change the result and affect the individual samples.

I thought I need to do some calibration to correlate the value shown in the y-axis of the Scope sink (some factor X amplitude of the source signal) to the signal strength sent from the generator.

However, calculation of average power based floating point strength works for me. For example, I have measured the power of a received sinusoid using FFT. The strength of the floating point outputs of FFT scale expectantly with the transmitted power.

Thanks for this suggestion. I will do this experiment.

Best,
--
Ashish Raste