[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building gr-bluetooth

From: panic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems building gr-bluetooth
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:40:27 +0000

Hi all,

I have problems building gr-bluetooth on Debian jessie because of
missing file errors, although gnuradio and other packages were locally
compiled in their respective recent versions.

$ git clone https://github.com/greatscottgadgets/gr-bluetooth.git
$ cd gr-bluetooth && mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake ..
  [ throws some seemingly harmless warnings, see cmake-output.log ]
$ make
  [ full output in make-output-1.log ]
/data/projects/gnuradio/gr-bluetooth/swig/gr_bluetooth.i:5: Error:
Unable to find 'gnuradio.i'
swig/CMakeFiles/gr_bluetooth_swig_2d0df.dir/build.make:97: recipe for
target 'swig/gr_bluetooth_swig_2d0df' failed
make[2]: *** [swig/gr_bluetooth_swig_2d0df] Error 1

If I rerun make, I get a different error:
$ make
  [ full output in make-output-2.log ]
[ 70%] Building CXX object
swig/CMakeFiles/_gr_bluetooth.dir/gr_bluetoothPYTHON_wrap.cxx.o
c++: error:
/data/projects/gnuradio/gr-bluetooth/build/swig/gr_bluetoothPYTHON_wrap.cxx:
No such file or directory
c++: fatal error: no input files

I tried to by myself but could not fix the errors since I'm quite new to
gnuradio and don't understand the cmake build system and dependencies
involved (py/cxx/swig/...).

Also note that gr-bluetooth did not see any commits for 2 years.

Anyone with an idea what the reason could be and how to fix it?

Cheers!