Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager

From: ]d
Subject: Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:00:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

> On the other hand, I do not see why you WM developers get so 'upset'
when we are talking about another, possible replacement for WM in the
context of GS, if you are focused on 99% non-GS anyway? I mean, if WM
provides most of the required features, why then not just say 'hello,
it's there, use it'?

I am not upset indeed. I wonder why you think -we- are..
Is that mean you are upset or something? Well..I just think that you have
such a wierd reason to me. Something like WMaker should rip something
off. So I wonder why don't you just do-not-use them. And so I felt to
myself that your problem is you just don't know us enough to make the
discussion clear. BTW, I think you translated the 99%'s meaning in wrong
way. If our major goal is not GNUstep, we probably became a GNOME window
manager already. And if you did read the thread carefully, you'll notice
that if we were upset of something, we will upset that a user didn't read
our documents carefully before start complaining about the existing thing.

Heh. I think I am almost to be upset now :D

]d

PS. Don't know why I have to say here that I'm designing another
made-in-GNUstep window maKer.