Re: GNUstep directory layout

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep directory layout
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 12:22:04 +0200

Hi all,

In proposal 2 Stefan Urbanek opts for an additional Developer domain, as is
available in the current GNUstep directory tree.

I can see the point of this: to keep certain resources restricted to
certain groups of users. A local sysadmin could even add additional groups.
Which could save on search times by telling the system that it should
adjust it's search paths for certain users to include or exclude some of
these grouped directories.
Developer is, next to Administrat(or/ion), the only default supplied
domain(s).

I think it isn't a very stupid idea. What are the ideas of other people
about this? And Stefan did I understand it correctly that the above
description is your point?

Dennis Leeuw