Re: ANN: GNUtooth, Bluetooth 'support' for GNUstep

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUtooth, Bluetooth 'support' for GNUstep
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:32:07 -0000

On 2003-05-13 21:54:31 +0000 Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

Configure.app - for system/workstation configuration or setup

Thus we dont need this - setting up the operating system is not the business
of GNUstep and cant be done in a protbale way anyway. Not to match OpenStep's
Configure.app anyway.

Preferences.app isn't any more a GNUstep business per se. It's the business of
an eventual Desktop based on GNUstep...

my .2 euros : Preferences.app should be here to configure simple things for
applications,
Configure.app for all the hardware things, and you could have others specific
applications for configurations which would be too complex to fit rightly in
Preferences.app ..

FWIW I thought Configure.app was a great thing - and what was in it
definitely does not belong in preferences. But it was only on
Intel operating systems - it had no place on machines where the hardware
was known and thats why its not on OSX... you dont have the problems on
custom built hadware that Configure.app was designed to solve.

half-right, because the vast majority of computers now aren't build in one
immuable way... even on mac you could replace your video card, am I wrong ?

--
Nicolas Roard