Re: better back-art support in core

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: better back-art support in core
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:47:25 +0100 (BST)

> Another -art related issues are art dependencies.
> -art depends on lib-freetype and libart. Presonaly i do not like the
> solution of including foreign libs in another project, but if they are
> included at least in distributed packages it will make installation much
> easier.

Yes - I see your point - IMO I'd prefer not to include entire foreign libs
into the backend.

I think the best way to go would simply be to put a .tgz of libart and
lib-freetype on our ftp/web - then it's easy to grab the required
libraries if you need them and don't have them, but the backend remains
clean.