Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:15:15 +0200

On 2003-06-11 20:08:46 +0200 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

Guys,

I must interject here.

The current CVS version of Gorm and GUI support using default fonts.  The user
can select if the system, user, menu or etc font should be used.  This will
unarchive to the appropriate font on any given system.
Cool. That was actually what I was looking for. I must admit that I am not absolutely up to date with Gorm on my machines. I'll update later and check what it can do for me.

This functionality was added yesterday or the day before.   Renaissance is not
the only solution.
Probably it's the better solution if you want to have interfaces being able to handle different lengths ans sizes of texts. I don't know, haven't tried it, yet. For the time being I stick with Gorm, as it does what I need :-) As a reply to David's last posting: I was probably a bit unclear, but what Gregory built into Gorm is what I actually wanted. I simply want that my UI comes up with the current system's default fonts, not dumping any error messages about missing fonts and not using any more or less guessed fonts. Just the system's defualt. If this does not fit into the layout of my UI, it is surely of some concern, but currently not for me ;-)

Thanks, Gregory. Thanks, David.

Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net