Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th characte

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character ...)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:57:19 -0400

Hi,

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama <kazunobu.kuriyama@nifty.com>
To: Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org, Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org>, Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:45:03 +0900
To Yen-Ju Chen:

I presume you are the author of Documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/LanguageSetup.html. If so, please take the following into consideration when you revise or update it:

I attach a quick patch for LanguageSetup.gsdoc in response to your suggestion.
 Since I'm not familiar with gsdoc tag, some tags may need to be corrected.

2. Put the document in Documentation/User instead of Documentation/Developer so that the user can find it naturally. I think the contents itself is irrelevant to development.
  Also, you can't expect all the users identify themselves as developer.

 This is not under my control. :)

5. Delete the explanation for XIM. If an input method in use doesn't work, it's a bug of the input method, not that of GNUstep. The user never fix it by tweaking
  XIMInputServer.m.

 There are two possibility that XIM doesn't work.
 One is that XIM is broken. Another is that
 GNUstep doesn't know the encoding of XIM.
 In the later case, whatever you type will be appended with
 the encoding string by the Xwindow.
 That's the way how XIM server and client know the encoding of each other.
 I add some more text to make it clear.

Last, but not least, I think people in other nations would appreciate your document if you could rewrite it in a manner that the explanations are not much biased in favor of your own
language (although they provides a good example of usage).

 The document is written by the suggestion of Adam Fedor.
 By the time, the support for i18n just starts to work.
 Since I have no idea whether it works for other non-western languages,
 I wrote it as my personal experience rather than an official document.
 That's why I always use Traditional Chinese (Big5 encoding) as example
 because that's the one I know to work.
 Since you are also using non-western language,
 you can offer some more patches to make this document more general
 by combining this document (my experience) and yours.

The part of Xlib probably is out of date. I never touch Xlib backend since then

 Yen-Ju