Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:58:59 -0700

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 02:30 AM, Dennis Leeuw wrote:

Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Dec 5, 2003, at 00:01, John Davidorff Pell wrote:
On Dec 4, 2003, at 11:22 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

Also you info about libffi is not really correct, the source in GCC do work, just not the ones
in any released versions (read 3.4).

Last time I tried (2-3 weeks ago) I built from FSF's GCC CVS HEAD and from the released apple sources, neither worked.
I should work, I compile all the time (by compiling with gcj, where it is needed also).

Yep noticed that... you NEED to compile gcj otherwise ffi won't be compiled. Which I find strange. I only want C and Objective-C and ffi.

You should be able to do this:

mkdir ffi-build
cd ffi-build
../gcc-x.x.x/libffi/configure