Re: Look and Feel

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:55:21 +0000

Le 14 févr. 05, à 13:01, MJ Ray a écrit :

Jesse wrote:
[...] If using Camaelon
would slow the system or create extra overhead, than I would prefer it
was made the "native" look. [...]

Huh? If this "new look" is slow, you want to make everyone suffer it?
That's a pretty severe way to force people to optimise it. I hope I

I guess that what jesse wanted to say, is, if using Camaelon create extra overhead, he would prefer a native implementation. As I explained in my previous mail, Camaelon don't create extra overhead (eg if the theme is slow in Camaelon, it would be slow anyway in a "native" implementation) other than poseAs.. And as I explained, a "native" implementation doesn't mean much with Objective-C and the way -gui is architectured with GSDrawFunctions.

Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke