Re: strange NSException code

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: strange NSException code
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:24:33 -0600

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:13:17AM +0100, Helge Hess wrote:
> Of course it would be extraordinarily cool if we would have a
> coredump catcher like GNOME, Mozilla, Windows, OSX etc which allows
> the user to send crash reports via mail.

And on this note, is there any reason that we couldn't make debug
symbols in the executables by default?   I think this would be very good
for GNUstep and would probably be a critical part of making this crash
reporter tool.

I think that in this day and age, the extra space due to debugging
symbols is fairly neglible, and if I understand correctly, it does not
affect speed of the executable.  Of course, this would just be a flag in
-make probably...

- Andy

P.S.  I'm only talking about debug symbols, and this is not the same
thing as making debug=yes default (where apps become .debug and
libraries get a _d) which would definitely -not- be a good thing.

--
Andrew Ruder
http://www.aeruder.net