Re: Cross Compiling for OS X?

From: Benoit
Subject: Re: Cross Compiling for OS X?
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 16:57:57 +0200

Hi all,

b) Install GNUstep on OSX using MacPorts.

Then, you can set up an identical build environment on both machines.

The drawback is that you don't have a "native" OSX application which
you can easily launch by a double-click on the .app icon.

        I think I have done this :
- I installed GNUstep Make and BaseAdditions on Mac OS X 10.3 (it was 2 years ago so not the Make 2.0 version, I don't know if it works with the new version),
                - I used a GNUmakefile like this one :

----
# This usually happens when you source GNUstep.sh, then run ./configure,
# then log out, then log in again and try to compile
ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES),)
$(error You need to run the GNUstep configuration script before compiling!)
endif

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = WRP

WRP_MAIN_MODEL_FILE = MainMenu
WRP_APPLICATION_ICON = WRP.icns
WRP_PRINCIPAL_CLASS = NSApplication

WRP_RESOURCE_FILES = gui/* Images/* Resources/*

WRP_OBJC_FILES = main.m \
snip a bunch of sources files
DEGeneralPrefsController.m \
GSStringCat.m

include GNUmakefile.preamble
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make
----

- there was a trick however, the first time I had to write manually some file, WRPInfo.plist if I remember well, and then it was used.

I don't do anything on this app since 2 years ago so I don't remember well, but I am pretty sure I had nothing more to do. And the result was a perfectly Mac OS X app build with GNUstep make.

Benoit Astruc