Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:03:00 -0600

El lun, 12-10-2009 a las 19:33 +0200, Michael Thaler escribió:

> But so far my experiences weren't that great. I tried to create a project
> with
> project center. No icons are shown at all, so Project Center is not useable.

Well with stable release (startup 0.23.0) ProjectCenter and Gorm are
usable. I have many projects made with these. But you are using GNUstep
from SVN, and of course there are bugs.

> In addition, it still shows an annoying icon in the lower left corner which
> is
> mostly hidden by my (KDE 4) taskbar. On the other hand the applications is
> not
> shown in the taskbar. If you right-click on the icon (well, the parts that
> are
> not hidden by the taskbar) a menu is shown when you release the mouse button,
> but vanishes at once (well I know you can get it by double clicking on it). I
> guess many GNUstep developers and users think putting application icons on
> the
> lower left is more useable then a windows-like taskbar. But for everyone else
> it is just annoying and that's one of the first things I would change.

If I remember correctly, this was possible in 0.22.0 startup with
NSX11HandleWindowDecoration = YES. But today I tested this with 0.23.0
startup, and does not work. Maybe it's a bug or my memory fails.

> I hope you do not see this as just critisizing.

Don't worry, greetings.