Re: GNUstep dev environment

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep dev environment
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:29:10 +0100

HalypH wrote:
Hi all,
I'm newbie in GNUstep (and in Objective-C). What is the best dev environment
for GNUstep? I'm using text editor (Vim) and console build, plus 'insight'
as gdb front-end. But it doesn't like fast development environment for me.

Could you please share your better practice?

I use ProjectCenter for almost all my GNUstep application projects.
If you are brave enough you can try the current SVN version (obtainable as a nightly tarball) which also supports gdb integration. But be prepared that it is not a release yet and that the project format changed: your old projects will be properly converted, but the new ones are only readable by the new version.

Cheers,
 Riccardo