Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)

From: Robert J. Slover
Subject: Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:22:03 -0500

I have to say I think this is a good/reasonable idea.  The Java runtime implements its Locale and Calendar support using libicu, and AFAIK it is the only portable library implementing this sort of functionality.  It is almost certainly already present on most significant platforms supported by GNUstep.  A quick check of the systems I have access to shows it to be already present on everything but AIX (ironic, since IBM is a principal contributor).   It is portable to Windows, too, and is used in MacOS X as well.

--Robert