openapp vs. ToyViewer (fwd)

From: J. Jordan
Subject: openapp vs. ToyViewer (fwd)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:53:21 +0100

I managed to compile ToyViewer-4.91 today by putting an explicit path
to page.h in BackCtr.bproj/BackCtr.m.  ToyViewer will work fine when I
start it from GWorkspace or use openapp from the command line.  When I
attempt to use the command "ToyViewer" on the command line it tells me
that it cannot fnd a shared library and dies.

I have read quite a few old-posts abut the use of openapp but most of
those are talking about Windoze implementation.

How are most GNUstep based applications being started from the command
line by simply typing the name of the application?  I have searched
around for symlinks and am at a loss.  Not really so much worried
about ToyViewer, would like to undestand what is happening.

Thanks,

-j