[DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:39:39 +0530

Hi Everyone,
        I'm currently tearing my hair (don't worry, there's lots of it),
trying to debug some code I wrote .. The error messages are ending
up with the "last file: last line" as the error location ... I have
tracked down the bug and it seems simple and easy ...

So here's a real chance for people to put in their 2 cents ... If
someone wants a start at the compiler , listen carefully ...

*parent = ILNode_<Something>_create() features many times in a lot
of places in pnet/cscc/csharp/ ... The problem is that such replacements
are totally synthetic and don't know the filename or linenum of the
error if it occurs on that node ... Here's the generic solution ..

                yysetfilename(*parent, yygetfilename(node));
                yysetlinenum(*parent, yygetlinenum(node));

So go out there into the CVS and pick a file ... send a mail to the list
and get going with a patch .. At the end do a "diff -u" of that file and
send to me ...

It's an emergency ... if you don't help, my hair is likely to have a
very short life time .

I'll wake up and open the stockin.. uuhh... mailbox ...

Gopal
Disclaimer: I wrote this at 1:30 AM , after 8 hours of hacking..
            any signs of insanity are normal and can be ignored..