Re: [Dotgnu-pnet] CVS is down -> Switching to SVN?

From: Alexander Stein
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-pnet] CVS is down -> Switching to SVN?
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:39:07 +0200

Hello Klaus,

Am Dienstag 02 Juni 2009 17:39:56 schrieb Klaus Treichel:
> as you have noticed the cvs service on savannah is down.
> I'm thinking about taking this as an opportunity for switching to svn.
>
> Any objections?

I know, I'm not an active developer, but I think switching to svn wouldn't
change anything in such situations, because you also need a central server. To
avoid such problems where the central server isn't reachable you better use a
decentralized version control system like git.

Just my 2 cents
Regards
Alexander