Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Re: [Dotgnu-pnet] CVS is down -> Switching to SVN?

From: MikyT
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Re: [Dotgnu-pnet] CVS is down -> Switching to SVN?
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:24:00 +0200

2009/6/2 Alexander Stein <address@hidden>:
> avoid such problems where the central server isn't reachable you better use a
> decentralized version control system like git.

I completely agree with Alexander. A decentralized VCS is a much more
flexible tool, so in case of a switch I think one of them would be a
better option with respect to SVN.
I personally like Bazaar-VCS, because of its simplicity, power and
portability, but I've never tried git so I cannot say anything about
it in particular. Anyway, they share the same basic idea of
distributed VCS, so it should be more or less the same.

Regards,

MikyT