Re: [Duplicity-talk] Concurrently running duplicities?

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Concurrently running duplicities?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:39:56 -0500

Andreas Schildbach wrote:
does anyone have any experience what happens if two duplicity instances run at the same time, processing the same "unit of work"?

It'd be a Bad Thing.

Personally, I use smarden.org's tcpsvd to control rdiff-backup server invocations (rather than doing it over ssh); that gives me the control to decide what to do in the event of attempted concurrent runs.