Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 35] Resource temporarily unavailabl

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 35] Resource temporarily unavailable
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 06:56:59 -0500

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:20 AM, Chris Poole <address@hidden> wrote:
A small update:

I couldn't find any solution to increase the max open file number, so
I view this as a failed backup (since a restore isn't possible) and a
lesson learned: make a new full backup once every few months at the
minimum, not once every 7!

http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/maximum-files-in-mac-os-x/ <-- see this?

Fortunately, I take a Voldemort approach to backups, so I have the
same files backed up in a few other places. I've not lost anything.

Good plan.  Also good name for a backup system: "Horcrux Backup".

It's a good reminder to periodically check the backups too, even if
the backup itself is working fine!

Good idea with any system.

Thanks for all the help

Wish we could have helped.