Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:56:38 -0400

2011/8/21 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden>
Who is still on Python 2.3?

RHEL 4 users are.  Though, agreed, I suspect the intersection of RHEL 4 users and those who want the latest duplicity is zero.

I think the RedHat 6-year cycle is about as far back as I want to go.

Well, I was trying to ascertain whether you were applying a general 6-years-is-old-enough rule of thumb or whether you were actually trying to match specific RedHat support cycles.

I was just curious when 2.4 support might sunset.  I had an ulterior motive because I'm working on dropping our custom tarfile.py and using the system's copy instead, but 2.4's version is just broken.

I can work around it by just updating our custom version to a copy of 2.7's tarfile.py and making it work with 2.4,

-mt