Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:30:37 -0400

2011/8/22 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden>
2011/8/22 Michael Terry <address@hidden>
2011/8/22 Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden>
I'm not in favor of supporting 2.4 that much longer, but I believe we should watch out for using 2.7's tarfile since it probably is not compatible with 2.4.

Agreed.  If I did that, I'd have to make some changes to be compatible.

Does the 2.5 version of tarfile.py work properly?  I would like to use the library version, but I had troubles when I tried it on 2.5 a while back.

It passes the testsuites.  I had make some other adjustments in the code base to compensate for how modern tarfile modules handle certain things, but 2.5's seems to work for me.

https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/tarfile/+merge/72422  (not quite ready for review, I want to run a few more tests and it doesn't work on 2.4)

-mt