edu-eu

Re: free software in European schools

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: free software in European schools
Date: 20 Jun 2001 10:33:40 +0200

Hi Antonio,

 || On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:59:24 +0200
 || antonio <address@hidden> wrote:

 a> Some teachers in my school "F.Besta" in Treviso and I are
 a> interested in starting a project whose aim is introducing free
 a> software in European schools.

Very well. It seems we want the same thing. The FSF Europe has set up
a mailing list to coordinate the European efforts for "Free Software
in Education" and I have taken the liberty to forward your message
there. Also I put the list into the cc (address@hidden).

I would recommend you also subscribe to this list as you will most
likely find the people interested in this topic on it. Subscription is
done by sending mail with "subscribe" as the subject to
address@hidden or via the web interface

 a> This project should be part of the European project called
 a> Minerva, which is financed by EEC, and it has to involve at least
 a> three European countries. (Italy, France, ?)

Interesting. Do you have more information about this?

 a> The coordinator school of the project could be Istituto F.Besta in
 a> Italy.  I will be very pleased if you could send me some
 a> information about schools in Europe which may be interested in the
 a> project.

I'll leave the list of interested schools up to the people on this
list, especially the people from Ofset and FSUB who I expect to have
some ideas about Germany and France for sure.

 a> If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact
 a> me here. I will be glad to help.

I'm quite sure we will. :)

Thanks for your engagement,

regards,