Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: RTL support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: RTL support
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:42:44 +0200

> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:48:02 -0600
> From: Gregg Reynolds <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Well, I for one am very sorry that a simple question had prompted such a
> strange series of responses.

What is strange about it? that we all disagreed with you?

> I have no idea why you bring up majority/minority.  I had no idea
> that you were competent to speak on behalf of "most users of bidi
> languages"

I wasn't speaking on behalf of anyone.  I merely told you what we
decided in this forum when we discussed the design of Emacs support
for languages that need bidirectional editing.  Here, ``we'' means
``all those who were interested enough in Emacs support for bidi to
participate, and who knew enough about Emacs internals to contribute
to that discussion''.

So obviously the views and opinions expressed here are only in the
context of Emacs design, they do not pretend to be broader than that,
even if the specific wording might indicate otherwise.  This is, after
all, "Emacs bidi" mailing list, no more, no less.

> I really just wanted to know something about RTL support in Emacs.
> Obviously this is not the right place.

This _is_ the right place.  I tried to answer your questions, sorry if
I failed.