Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:18:52 +0200

> From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> Date: 02 Dec 2001 10:04:50 -0800
>
>   Is 8+3 conformance still an issue?

Yes.

>   Many of the files in Emacs do not conform.

Which ones?  I'm not aware of any.

Let me clarify: the ``8+3 conformance'' in Emacs is limited to only
one aspect: that no two file names map to the same string when
truncated to 8+3 limits.  This is so that an Emacs distribution could
be safely unpacked on a DOS filesystem (without which you cannot
build Emacs).

>   Still, by putting the icons in mail, you can drop the mail-
>   prefix. However, as RMS points out, this may be a namespace
>   liability. You'll want to move the mail_* icons from toolbar to mail
>   then?

It's up to Richard; I stand by my suggestion: to put the icons
related to mh-e into the lisp/mail/ directory.