Re: TODO additions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:09:10 -0500

    > I will ask rlb if he can recommend changes to make movemail do the
    > right kind of mail locking on Debian GNU/Linux.

    As I tried to explain, that is a necessary change to the current build
    if mail is delivered by a Debian system, but not a sufficient change
    to movemail if mail is delivered to the spool by a non-Debian system.

I can see too many possible meanings for this.

Have you looked at rlb's code?  Are you saying it DOES have a
shortcoming compared with the XEmacs code?  Or are you speculating
about it based on my description?  (My description is NOT accurate
enough to be useful for that.)