Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Will default key bindings spell the death of Emacs?
Date: 30 May 2003 15:09:05 +0900

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> It's kind of weird to consider concrete bindings to be notions, as
> well, but then, why not?

Because it's much more confusing?  `concrete bindings' are not only very
cryptic as names, but by mixing concepts like that, you provide lots of
room for confusion about what's going on.

If I were designing a new editor today, I'd certainly try to use a
straight-forward progression of clearly delineated levels where
possible...

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'