Re: ruler support in hexl mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ruler support in hexl mode
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:01:56 -0500

    My suggestion is that (by default) :align-to in header and mode lines
    should also be relative to the left edge of the text area,
    e.g. :align-to 0 would align exactly to the first column of the text
    area.

certainly simpler.  you cd use negative number if youreally want
a pos before the text area. so no loss of function. sounds good.

    The only real problem with this is that it isn't backwards compatible
    with the 21.1 behaviour.  But I suppose there are not that many
    packages using :align-to in header line (yet).

exactly.  please do it.