Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Jari Aalto+mail.emacs
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:27:54 +0200

* 2004-03-25 David Kastrup <dak <AT> gnu.org> mail.default.spool
| jari.aalto <AT> poboxes.com (Jari Aalto+mail.emacs) writes:
|
| >         The "de facto" situation for long has been that everybody
| >         maps M-g to goto-line. People advice that in newsgroups,
| >         because it is indeed the most logical key.
|
| Seconded.  If no other binding can be found, we can override it in
| enriched text mode with a local binding, but as a global binding,
| goto-line is certainly much more generally useful.

If possible, we really want M-g, because of "g", goto. Using any other
key would counter what people have been already using. And it should
be one key.  If it were two keys, people would never use it. They
would map it right back to "M-g".

Jari