Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:40:07 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>>  Thank you.  I don't know what is "Arch branch", how to
>>  create it.  In addition, I couldn't install "tla-1.2" on my
>>  Debian.  I downloaded it from
>>  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-arch/.

> Have you tried `apt-get install tla' ?  Worked for me (it's in testing,
> not in stable).

It couldn't find the package "tla".  :-(

>>  The configure script showed this error:
>>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  % ../configure --prefix /usr/local/work/tmp

>>  The configured versions of diff and diff3 do not handle files
>>  not ending in newline correctly.

>>    configured diff = diff.
>>    configured diff3 = diff3.

> You need to upgrade your diff program.  GNU diff 2.7 (and non-GNU diffs)
> have various bugs related to handling of files without terminating newline.

Thank you for the info.

apt-get tells me that `diff' on my machine is the newest
version.  So, I installed diffutils-2.8.1 manually, then tla
was successfully built.

>>  I found that "cvs tag handa-temp-tag" also showed this at
>>  the tail.

>>  [...]
>>  T src/s/xenix.h
>>  cvs server: Tagging vms
>>  T vms/README
>>  T vms/make-mms-derivative.el
>>  cvs [server aborted]: "tag" requires write access to the repository

> By any chance, do you have a CVS/Root file somewhere that points to
> some other repository ?  Do a

>         cat **/CVS/Root

> in zsh (or eshell) or

>         find . -type d -name CVS --exec cat {}/Root

Bingo!  I recalled I built `gnulib' directory and checked
out regex.[ch] in it.  CVS/Root in it is:

:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnulib

I'm so sorry for bothering you.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA