Re: jargon translation up-front in doc (was: Menu suggestion)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: jargon translation up-front in doc (was: Menu suggestion)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:43:57 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:36:55 -0700
>
> Proposal - Add a *brief* jargon translation near the beginning of the
> tutorial and the Emacs manual, such as that at
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsNewbie, "Fundamental Concepts" >
> "Emacs-Speak (Jargon)".

I think the tutorial should explain each term before it uses it for
the first time, rather than have a translation table.  If this is not
so, please point out the places that need to ve fixed.

For the manual, we already have all the terms, including the 5 you
mentioned, explained in the Glossary node.  Perhaps all we need to do
is add a reference to that node near the manual's beginning.  I'm not
sure how much it will help, since I don't think many people read the
manual from its beginning, but it surely cannot hurt, I think.