No kill-ring-save region signalling in transient-mark-mode

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: No kill-ring-save region signalling in transient-mark-mode
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:47:08 +0200

In the current CVS version, the function kill-ring-save doesn't signal
visible region boundaries with moving cursor when transient-mark-mode is
enabled.  This is probably based on a false assumption that region
highlighting is always visible in transient-mark-mode.  But it may not
be so -- I use transient-mark-mode for its other effects and disable the
highlighting.  Thus when I apply `M-w', I can't see what region was
killed.

So I suggest to add a user option that can re-enable visible region
signalling in kill-ring-save.  What do you think about it?

Milan Zamazal

--
As is typical in civilized (i.e., non-corporate) email discussions, my
remarks *follow* (not precede) their context.